Sunday, March 27, 2016

Mature Fashion: Just Do It!!

Most of us have busy lives, no matter what our age. One of the problems I  have now realized is that I am really not doing as much exercise as I should to remain reasonably healthy (and in losing that ten pounds I have been trying to do for over a month!) because I am not as diligent as I need to be in making time to do the appropriate amount of exercise.  I am finding it difficult to make my physical well being a priority by doing the recommended routines.  When I began this I swear I thought I was completing the routines almost every day.  Now that I have been monitoring myself more  closely, I find that my basic AARP routine was being  cut short at least a third of the time, and all too often, I was missing the routine a few days a month!.  I was doing some exercise almost every day, but all too often it was not completing or doing the routines as much as I thought.  The same has been true about sticking to the appropriate portion sizes for the foods I have been eating;  it was comforting to realize I was usually pretty good about eating healthy foods and not too much of the "empty" calories.

Once again, I am finding that this public journaling is helping me to meet my goals of "rocking age" by providing a good quality of life during my golden years.  I am 73 in a few days (an April Fool), and I really do not have much to complain about (really glad about that, since I just did a post on 'toxic ' people!).

I really do consider myself reasonably fortunate; even the negative things that I have experienced (and haven't we all?) could have been much worse.  I am also proud of my achievements in doing what I have done to create or improve that good fortune.  I do, however, come from a life long desire for "continuous improvement" in all areas where I believe it is possible.  I see that I have to apply myself a bit more to maintain my goals for both diet and exercise....I must just do it,!!..............(acknowledgement is half the battle..)

...............................Geneva..................Rockmyages@aol.com



        

5 comments:

  1. GREAT advice!! You said it all. Just eat less and more healthy and more exercise....JUST DO IT. I love it. I'm trying to forget all bad things I have experienced, since they have past. Look for as many good things as I can and concentrate on those. Only REMEMBER the lessons... Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to eat less but more often. If we starve ourselves our body just shuts down and does not benefit us. And yes if it is in the past just forget it and smile knowing that you are a SURVIVOR!! You go girl!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You look absolutely great at your age! I love the things I have learned from your blogs and the awareness created by keeping track and posting. It is th same as when I keep a log for my doctor. I think twice if I have to document something��

      Delete
    2. Thank you, so do you! Keeping track is so important; I have found that one of the most helpful tricks, yet it is also the thing I am weakest at. Your notes have been an insirAtion to me.

      Delete