Monday, February 29, 2016

Mature Fashion: Aches and Pains


Hello, Friends who read my blog!


A younger friend, (one not yet in our 'mature' group) was commiserating a few days ago on her sore core muscles;  it seems she had just joined a gym and was working on a program to strengthen her core.  She mentioned how the exercises she had performed on the morning were just catching up with her late in the day. I was really empathetic because even the few core exercises I had done earlier in the day were physically 'noticeable'.  I really was feeling my age because the three sets I performed consisted of only 3 repetitions and I am sure her's were at least 10 apiece!!  Of course, this brought to my mind immediately the awareness that older may mean slowly building up to our meaningful routine; it means we also need to be aware of the incipient injury we can cause to ourselves if we do not prudently build up to a routine that we can perform safely.  


Monday a.m. weigh in- 135.7; good news of 1/2 pound loss; bad news, still weigh in more than what I thought I was when I began this trudge to losing those last miserable 10 pounds!!(well, actually, 12.2 pounds-just didn't know it).

Although I do exercise regularly, I have discovered with this weight loss endeavor that I had not been as consistent as I thought;  Even with the colder weather giving me the incentive to keep moving, I have had to drag myself into doing the exercises every day.  As a result, I am now trying to make sure I do them as early as possible during the day to assure myself I do them.  I am also setting the alarm clock on my cell phone to remind me to get up and move around for five minutes after every 20 minutes in front of the computer screen.......Have a great week....,Geneva............Rockmyages@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment