Friday, February 19, 2016

Mature Fashion: Optimal Weight Loss, etc.

Greetings;


Well, this post is all about dieting frustration!!  My last post griped about scale problems while trying to keep to an on-line diet journal; either I gained 2.8 lbs during the week while on the "diet,"  or as more likely, the beginning weight of 134.4 was not correct.  My new scale records me as 137.2......guess that means I have to lose 12.2 pounds to get to my targeted 125!! blah!!  When I weigh in on Monday, I will let you know the results.  This has now become a real and personal challenge!!

I did continue  to post to a written journal, but once again on day two I forgot to log in exactly what I ate for one meal and had to re-construct it after the fact. I hate to do this because I cannot be sure what I recorded is exactly accurate.  (I have attached a post-it to the refrigerator to help me remember)

For whatever reason, I am having all sorts of trouble getting this post off the ground; as you can see, the picture to the left has too much sunlight and I am unable to retrieve a replacement, so we are going ahead with it as is.  Please excuse the poor photography.

Speaking of diets:  For those of you who have access to the March edition of Elle magazine, I heartily recommend the article (quote) "This is Your Brain on Sugar", page 376.  Recent studies confirm that sugar can be addictive.  Sarah Elizabeth Richards reports on its not-so-sweet side effects." The article divulges the results of several studies with varying results but certainly concludes that the average American woman is eating almost 3 times the amount of sugar that is recommended by the World Health Organization.  Of particular interest to me was that Overeaters Anonymous seems to have had knowledge that sugar was possibly as addictive as drugs such as cocaine, etc. and yet, little or nothing has been done to regulate its use in our foods.  It is interesting that we spend so many legal resources on "pot" use but do nothing about the contents of our everyday foods!!.....and the evidence based on studies is there!!

In the meanwhile, wish me luck on getting back to my starting point on Monday's weigh in..

..................................Geneva................Rockmyages@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment